Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Grecian Holiday – The Crew - Greece and Turkey May and June 2010

I would be remiss if I did not take this opportunity to acknowledge the crew. Sorry officers, but you are great too! They go out of their way to make you feel welcome and special and the more often you are on board the more you realize how special they are. This is the group that takes care of us in the dining venues, in the bars, and cleans our cabins. They plan our excursions and activities, and most importunately get us from place to place in an efficient comfortable manner without ever being seen. Plus they entertain us with Liars Club!

IMG_4192 IMG_4195 IMG_4199 IMG_4207

While I know that I will miss someone and I apologize ahead of time some of them that stand out to me include:

June – a server assistant and pool attendant extraordinary, even when using that supersized mister!

IMG_4589 IMG_4590

Emmanuel – a server assistant and pool attendant extraordinary. He manages to take care of the bali beds and deck chairs every morning. I am not sure that I have seen anyone work as hard, with things that most of us don’t realize are being done daily.

IMG_1936

Zoltan – the Chief bartender and Hungarian mix-master. He makes it a point to have olives stuffed with blue cheese for my martinis every day. He always has a smile on his face and bends over backwards to please.

IMGP2078

Clint – another bartender who is funny and always there with what you want before you even know that you want it.

IMG_3458

Colin – another bar tender extraordinaire.

IMG_4582

Sean – a waiter who provides exquisite service and knows his product inside out and backwards and forwards.

I cannot forget to mention Jasper who was always around when an drink refill was needed, or helping serve dinner . Where does Sea Dream Come up with this magnificent crew.

Special thanks and mentions to Peter the Hotel Manager. One day I asked about a Greek beer, Mythos. There was none on the ship. When I got back from my excursion on Paros, the Mythos was chilling for me. He always managed to arrange a table for us outside, even though I know that a lot of nights it was a lot of extra work. Thank you Peter.

Jamie, the maitre’d . In addition to his other duties there were many nights when he waited on our table, he along with Peter bent over backwards to take care of us.

Amy , the Club Director, and Daniel, the Activities manager who made sure that ever excursion went off without a hitch. IN fact Daniel was kind enough to share some of his cookies with me after our stop on Sifnos. I suspect that he and I could find some nice bakeries in some quaint Greek villages.

I must also mention Elena and Yvonne, along with the others at the concierge desk. This ladies are always there and always ready to answer whatever foolish question that I have with a smile.

IMG_3779

I also have to mention Smylia, who took extraordinary care of our cabin. Not that we have ever had a stewardess who did anything less, but the service just keeps getting better and better. It is a hard job to keep up with FT’s request for a nightly cheese tray and my diet coke needs. Anyone who returns my “T” shirts on hangers and underwear in a basket with tissue around it from the laundry deserves special credit.

I also have to mention the ghost stewardess, Jenky. One day I had a shirt get black grime on it from the funnel. The concierge insisted that I give it to them to be laundered. I went in the cabin, filled out the laundry slip and put it in the bag. We had a commodore, and I was on the other side working. Jenky managed to sneak in, and get the laundry without me hearing her, after that she became the ghost. They all do their work and we never know it.

This mentions most of the crew that is seen, but to all the unseen, the deck gang, the chefs, the motormen and laundry gang, and whoever else I am missing thank you.

IMG_2022 IMG_2770 IMG_4581 IMG_4668 IMG_4669 IMG_4672

More pictures are available on my flickr page by clicking HERE


The author of this blog is not compensated by Sea Dream Yacht Club in any manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment